- 2 Cornish Hens
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 4-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 TBS softened butter
- 4 tsp of White Label Musket Powder
- 4 tsp of Black Label Musket Powder
- 1 apple
- Dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small dish combine White Musket Powder, Black musket Powder and the leaves of 4 sprigs of thyme. Season the cavity with half the mixture and insert half of an apple. Tie the legs with twine or toothpicks.
- Cover the hens in softened butter and season with the remaining rub.
- Place in dutch oven
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes and red onion. Place vegetables around the hen in the dutch oven. Slice up 1 lemon and place slices on top of potatoes and hens. Add any remaining butter to the dish and two drugs of thyme.
- Place the dutch oven in the preheated oven uncovered.
- Cook for 1 hour until the skin is browned and the internal temp is 170 degrees. Check in the thickest part of the thigh.