Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 1 Qt
- 20 Ounces, Cranberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 Ounces, Rum
- 6 Ounces Granulated Sugar
- 2 Ounces Musket Powder Red Label
- 1 Ounce Orange Zest
- Juice of 1 Orange
- Salt & Sugar - To Taste
- Mix all ingredients into containers
- Add a pot to the stove on medium high
- Flambé the rum for a few seconds to let the alcohol cook out
- Add cranberries to the pot to stop the flame, and follow with the rest of your ingredients
- Bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally for 10-15 minutes until the berries have broken down, and the sauce has thickened.
- Add to a food processor or blender and pulse a few times.
- Optional: Push mixture through a tamis, fine mesh strainer, or chinois to remove larger pieces and seeds.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 10 - 14 days or in the freezer in a freezer-safe bag for one month.