1 tbsp Musket Powder White Label
1 tsp Hot Sauce
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Macaroni Noodles
Salt & Pepper,to taste
1 pint Milk,cold
2 tbsp Cream
1 tbsp Flour
1 tbsp Butter
1/3 cup Fontina,shredded
1/3 cup Gouda,shredded
1/3 cup Cheddar,shredded
- Make béchamel. Melt the butter on medium heat and sift in flour to form a roux, whisking continuously. Once a roux has been formed and cooked down for 4-5 minutes, quickly add the cold milk. Whisk together and cook down for an additional 4 minutes.
- Once the béchamel has thickened, add the cream and let cook for an additional minute.
Take it off the heat and set aside.
Note: You can keep this sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week to use in multiple applications.
- Cook the noodles.Bring a pot of water to a boil and salt until it tastes like the ocean. The goal is to cook the noodles until al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking, in a large saucepan on medium heat, add 4 tablespoons of béchamel, a handful of cheese mix, and the heavy cream. Cook together while stirring until a homogenous sauce has formed.
- Add Musket Powder White Label, lemon juice and hot sauce, and mix. The goal is not to taste the lemon or hot sauce, but influence the taste buds that react to acid and heat
- Once the noodles are cooked, add them to the cheese sauce and a splash of the pasta water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together on medium low heat until preferred thickness has been achieved.
- Serve and Enjoy!