Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 25 Min
Musket Powder Black Label
1 tbsp Musket Powder Red Label
1/4 cup Pickles, minced
3 tbsp Ketchup
1 cup Mayonnaise, Duke’s Mayo is our favorite
1/2 Lemon Juice & Zest
3 tbsp Dijon Mustard
Pepper Vinegar, to taste
1 tsp Hot Sauce
Salt, to taste
- Mise out burger toppings: Shred the lettuce, slice the havarti (if not already pre-sliced), and have the pickles ready.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Add bacon to a baking sheet on top of a piece of parchment paper. Add another tray over the bacon and bake for 15 minutes to have perfect, straight and crispy bacon.
Note: The timing may differ depending on the thickness of your bacon.
Prep ground bison into 3 oz balls. Set aside.
Note: If your bison is pre-ground and you can only find 90/10, add 10% of the weight of your meat with frozen shredded tallow or lard. Do this by freezing the tallow or lard for 2 or 3 until slightly hardened, and use a cheese shredder or meat grinder to achieve the right consistency. Our goal is a 80/20 lean meat to fat ratio.
- Heat a flat top or stove top grill. Add your patties to the flat top with some oil and cover them with Musket Powder Black Label and salt. Flatten each patty with a spatula. Cook until a crust has formed on the bottom.
- Flip each patty and add a slice of havarti onto each one.
- Next, butter your buns and add them to the flat top to toast them.
- Once toasted, compose the burger from the bottom up: special sauce, red onion, pickles, bacon, 2 patties, lettuce, special sauce, and finally the top bun.