Musket Powder Gold Label,to taste
1 Can of Beer,open, room temp, 1/2 full
1 Whole Chicken
Bring a smoker to 225°F.
Note: If you don’t have a smoker, you can preheat a gas grill to 325°F for this step.
- Empty (or drink) the beer can until 1/2 full.
- Wearing food-safe gloves, pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and butcher the chicken as needed. Rub the entire chicken with a neutral oil and cover completely with Musket Powder Gold Label seasoning, including behind the wings and inside the cavity.
- On a sheet tray, insert the 1/2 full beer can into the cavity of the chicken so that both the beer can and chicken breast is sitting upright.
- Ensure the smoker is maintaining heat at 225°F and add the chicken.
- If you’re using a smoker or a grill, cook the chicken for 1-2 hours or until the internal temperature of the chicken thigh reaches 165°F.
- Remove the beer can from the chicken cavity, carve and plate or serve the whole chicken as an impressive centerpiece!