Slow Cooked BBQ Pulled Chicken with Jicama Slaw, (yields 4-6)
From Team Musket Powder Contributor
Slow Cooked BBQ Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 c your favorite Musket Powder
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 c BBQ sauce, divided
- Your favorite bun for a BBQ sandwich
- 1 c bag slaw mix
- 1 c jicama,diced (a delicious root, ask your produce attendant at your local grocery store, they will know what it is)
- Juice from half a lime
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- Your favorite Musket Powder to taste
- Season your chicken on all sides with your favorite Musket Powder.
- Spray the bottom and sides of the slow cooker with cooking spray, then lay in chicken breasts.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the BBQ sauce over the chicken.
- Cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Right before the chicken is finished, mix the slaw, jicama, lime, mayo, salt, and pepper.
- Once the chicken has cooked, turn the cooker off and use 2 forks to shred apart.
- Add the remaining 1/3 cup of BBQ sauce and stir well, continuing to break up the chicken.
- Pile that chicken and slaw on a bun, and enjoy!