No stupid story, just wanted to tell yall that you can pre make a few dozen of these and freeze them. Do not use tongs. Serve puffy side up.
Chile Relleno Ingredients:
4 large poblano peppers, roasted and peeled
2 egg yolks – cold, 5 egg whites – cold
4-6oz of Monterey jack cheese
Musket Powder Gold
Chile relleno filling
½ medium onion diced small
14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes with liquid
Musket Powder Gold
1 lb ground meat
½ tsp cumin
¼ cup beef broth
¼ cup cilantro
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook meat until slightly pink, Stir in onions, garlic, tomatoes, cumin and broth. Simmer for 20 mins, add musket powder to taste
- Cook until most of the liquid is evaporated. Let it cool.
- Roast the chilis and peel each after they cool, char all the way around on burner
- Remove seeds by inserting a sharp knife into the top of the Chile, just under the stem and slice downward about halfway down the Chile. Using a spoon or knife, scrape the seeds and the white embrane out, without tearing the Chile flesh
- Stuff the chilis by placing shredded cheese into the Chile, make sure the open edges of the Chile still come together. Secure with tooth pick. Safe to cover and freeze from here.
- Place half of the flour on the bottom of a plate, place the chilis on the flour and sprinkle the rest on top. Use your finger to make sure the entire Chile is coasted. Dust off remaining flour and set chilis aside
- Prepare the batter by whipping 5 egg whites into soft peaks, slowly fold in 2 yolks and pinch of salt. Beat new mixture until color is orange. Helps to use cold eggs
- Dredge floured poblano in egg mixture
- Cook chilis one at a time spooning the hot oil over the top of the rellenos. Gook until golden brown and delicious.
- Drain excess oil by removing chilis from the oil and drain on a paper towel or a cookie sheet.
Do not use tongs, Whatever side went face down in the fryer first is your presentation side. Serve that side face up. During initial separation, not a drop of yolk is to touch the whites.