- 4 Pheasant Breasts
- Salt Water
- 1 Cup Plain Breadcrumbs
- 2 TBS Black Label Musket Powder
- 2 tsp Gold Label Musket Powder
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 TBS Dijon Mustard
- 2 TBS Melted Butter
- ⅛ Cup Buttermilk
- 3 TBS White Label Musket Powder
- Brine pheasant breast in saltwater bath for at least an hour. This can be done overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together mayonnaise, dijon mustard, melted butter, buttermilk, and White Label Musket Powder. Set aside.
- In a separate dish combine breadcrumbs, Black Label Musket Powder, and Gold Label Musket Powder.
- Remove the pheasant from the saltwater bath. Rinse and pat dry.
- Trim fat from meat. Remove any remaining BBs from the bird.
- Dip to coat meat in ranch mixture, then dip into breadcrumbs. Make sure the meat is well coated.
- Place into a baking dish. Line the dish with foil, this makes for easy cleanup. You do not have to grease the dish.
- Place a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the breast.
- Bake until the bird is 165 degrees F. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, cook for 20 minutes. Check to make sure meat is thoroughly cooked.